5 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 4:29 PM by Mister Mark
Youngetal Level 1 (0 points)

Trying to install software updates and I have received this message several times. Also can't install Adobe Flash update - a "general error" occurs. Suggestions?

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • Eric Root Level 9 (50,564 points)

If there is a lot to update, sometimes it works better if you get the big update installed individually.

App Store Error 103

• baltwo Level 9 (62,215 points)

Step one is to log into a newly created admin user account and see if the problem persists.

• Linc Davis Level 10 (192,848 points)

Test after each of the following steps until the problem is resolved.

Step 1

If you're trying to install more than one update at the same time, do the installations one at a time.

Step 2

Triple-click the line below to select it:  

/Library/Updates

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu. A folder should open. Move the contents to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password.

• Bush444 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you! This solved the problem. I am not a geek so I wasn't sure what a "contextual menu" was. I selected everything that showed up after doing the services open thing, then moved it to trash. When I next tried the iTunes update, it worked!

• Mister Mark Level 1 (0 points)

Nice. Thanks.

Seems like there are more and more minor hassles like this on my home 'hassle-free' iMac. Not an encouraging sign... If I wanted to fool around like this I'd get a Windows PC.