Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Numbering; need cover sheet to be Zero...

I have a 20 page report that needs the numbers to be in the header. I can hide the header on the cover sheet, but Inspector won't let me set "begin numbering" with zero. I tried to insert a section break and a page break, but don't know what I am doing and not only does it not seem to help, it totally messed up all my graphics by moving them into text. I have spent hours trying to figure this out!

I also need to submit it in Word, but since I can't see it unless I open in Pages, I don't know what it looks like before I sumbit it. Last year when I did this, I got docked points because the layout was messed up. I have to sumbit this by midnight and have been working on it since yesterday.

Please help meeeeeeeee! : )

😢

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 12:18 PM

Click at the end of the text on the 1st page > Menu > Insert > Section Break

Click in the text of the 2nd page > Inspector > Layout > Section > Page Numbers > Start at: 1 > Configuration > uncheck Use previous headers and footers

Click in the Header/Footer of the 2nd page > Menu > Insert > Page Number

If there is anything in the first (title page) header or footer, just delete it.

Cut and paste your graphics Inline into the text, preferably in their own paragraph, and they will move with the text.

If you need tighter integration with Ms Word or simply want to check your exported docs, DL and install LibreOffice [free].

Peter

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Bikebabe07

Click at the end of the text on the 1st page > Menu > Insert > Section Break

Click in the text of the 2nd page > Inspector > Layout > Section > Page Numbers > Start at: 1 > Configuration > uncheck Use previous headers and footers

Click in the Header/Footer of the 2nd page > Menu > Insert > Page Number

If there is anything in the first (title page) header or footer, just delete it.

Cut and paste your graphics Inline into the text, preferably in their own paragraph, and they will move with the text.

If you need tighter integration with Ms Word or simply want to check your exported docs, DL and install LibreOffice [free].

Peter

Problems with Numbering; need cover sheet to be Zero...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.