Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with incoming emails

After going through tons of support discussions and trying all that i could i would like to ask your help guys.

As header suggests im having problems with incoming emails on mac mail (4.6) (outgoing mails are working perfectly)

Yesterday evening i noticed that i cant receive emails (wheel just kept spinning without downloading anything but webmail and my phone mail app show that there are tons of unread emails)

Today around 10AM it worked for second (after messing around with settings (which i did not touched again) but when came back from lunch --- ***** not working again)

• I checked that i have correct incoming & outgoing server names, correct passwords and all other settings like SSL (port995) are ok.
  • Confirmed from my Email Service Provider that their servers, my quota etc are working propperly

• Mac mail Connection doctor does not show any red lights so it is ok
  • Someone said that "unable to load" can be caused by "corrupted" email and i should Rebuild my mailbox to see if if might show what message is f*** up. => did that and it just stays in "Fetching new email" and below reads "preparing to retrieve messages" and again nothing.

I tried to make new account in Mac mail client and it is not helping ... same thing Nothing.

I tried to install thunderbird and create new account in there, got it to work for first time i tried but result was the same ... it only downloaded some messages and stopped working.

Previously when i used to launch mac mail app on my laptop it always asked "do you want to connect to this server bla bla bla" => click ok and it downloaded everything but now i dont even get that pop-up message. (i think it disappeared after making account in thunderbird client and clicking "always trust" which did not help as it is still not downloading)

I would really appreciate your help cos im going mad with this problem and i cant get any help from my ESP 😟

PS. im using POP settings.

Thank you in advance!

Jimi

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 10:42 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2013 11:09 AM in response to Jimi_J

Just remembered that i took printscreen from thunderbirds error when first attempted to set up new account. And now when looking at this it is the same message that i got every time when launching mac mail client. But as said this error went away after clicking "allways trust" (it does show my ESP name and due date is sept.2013")

And error message was

"Mail cant varify the identity of "autodiscover."mydomain"......".

The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "autodiscover....."

Jimi

Problems with incoming emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.