Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I let Apple know they need to include an option for controlling the insertion point cursor in system preferences?

As described above.

I have spent far too much time investigating this issue! All I would like to do is have the insertion point cursor (the 'I' shaped text thing) not dissapear when navigating text in a word document with the arrow keys.

Some forums say it's an apllication issue, i.e. microsoft, others say you used to be able to do it in older versions of mac os'.

This isn't a problem for Mac programmes. Obviously it is an issue when Microsoft programmes cross over to Mac. If the computer was a PC then I could customise the blinking rate, turn it on or off etc under the control panel options. With a Mac running MS Office I have not got this option.

So how do I go about telling Apple of my displeasure? So hopefully for future editions of OS or Office for Mac this very minor but completely infuriating problem gets ironed out?

Cheers x

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 11:13 AM

Give Apple feedback at: http://www.apple.com/feedback and choose the appropriate feedback area.

3 replies

Apr 24, 2013 11:18 AM in response to Microk

Apple can't do anything about how a Microsoft product behaves. You'll need to contact MS about it. For what it's worth, I have no trouble with the insertion point showing up in Word 2011. You are correct that the Mac version of Word has no option for controlling the blink rate and other options, but that again is something only MS can change. It's their software.

Apr 25, 2013 7:30 PM in response to Microk

Thank you Ralph n Kurt, very quick off the mark boys, well done 😉

Just checking in to inform you that today, after putting up with the issue for over a year, it has sorted itself out, MIRACLE! 😁 I don't know how but I've got a fully trackable insertion point when I navigate with my arrow keys!!

Do you think it's the big-wigs (because I complained to both Mac n MS) tweaking my computer behind the secenes? and if so which one would've done it? My money's on the geniusii.

Either way I am well chuffed 🙂 and thanks again!

x

How do I let Apple know they need to include an option for controlling the insertion point cursor in system preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.