Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a specific iTunes U URL scheme that will launch the iTunes U library and not the catalog?

I am trying to use a URL scheme to direct someone, with the simple tap of a link, to our course inside of the iTunes U app on the iPad. This link is being placed within iBA and so far creating a hyperlink that includes: itms-itunesu://itunesu.itunes.apple.com will launch the iTunes U Catalog, but I want it to take them directly to their iTunes U Library that showcases their courses on the shelves. I would ultimately like it to directly take them inside of our specific course but the Library will suffice. Is there a better way of doing this or does anyone know how to figure out the correct "Native application URL string"?

I have been referencing the iBooks url scheme examples at http://handleopenurl.com/scheme/ibooks to try and figure it out, but haven't been successful yet.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 12:12 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2013 11:40 AM in response to 21cls

Hello,

Not the answer to your question but, related to the student experience...

Normally, students will be going from the Course to the Book (from iTunes U). Then, to go back, they can use the 4 finger swipe to the left multi-touch gesture to move between apps and go back to the course.

I don't believe that it is currently possible to link inside a course on the bookshelf. The iTunes U Course links go to a course in the catelog. e.g. https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/european-civilization-1648/id634937237 or itms://itunes.apple.com/us/course/european-civilization-1648/id634937237

Hope that helps.

Is there a specific iTunes U URL scheme that will launch the iTunes U library and not the catalog?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.