Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio and video are out of sync when exported.

I've been trying to export a clip from a sequence in fcp. I've marked in and out points, and use the export using quicktime option. And each time, the audio is out of sync with the video.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 1:18 PM

11 replies

Feb 26, 2017 4:03 AM in response to Shane Ross

Shane,

I am brand new to video editing and came across this thread. It sure would be nice if you can help me out with a very similar issue. This is what I posted on another forum site (Ripple Training).

Brand new to FCPX (and any other video editing program). After purchasing countless training courses and plugins through RippleTraining (they are fantastic learning platforms) over the last few weeks, I finally got to the point of finishing up my very first project and exporting it out of FCPX. After exporting (in many different ways), my video does not sync up with my audio. So, so, so sad after so many hours of playing and learning how to use the basics of a video editing program (FCPX). If anyone has any suggestions and/or feedback that would be hugely appreciated. I have been reading a ton of articles, looking at a lot of YouTube videos, etc., and they are all Greek to me.

Please, help from anyone. I thought I was learning a new exciting hobby, but, I may be over my head.

Thanks…

Apr 24, 2013 1:24 PM in response to MrDanielS

In FCP, click on the source clip in the FCP Browser to select it. Once selected, type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties, or take a screen shot of them and post that screen shot here.

Next, click anywhere on your timeline, and type Command + 0 {zero} to see the Sequence Settings for your sequence. Either report those Sequence Settings, or take a screen shot of them and post that screen shot here.

When you export from the timeline, are you doing just a straight export without conversion?

MtD

Apr 24, 2013 2:50 PM in response to MrDanielS

Thanks guys. Here are the different clip settings I'm using. Sorry I'm so new at this, it seems like these might be pretty basic questions I'm asking. Here are the screenshots. And yes, I'm just doing the straight export, where it says "Export to Quicktime Movie." Now, I keep getting an error message When I try to submit my post, so I'm going to try to post the screenshots as separate posts.

Apr 24, 2013 2:57 PM in response to MrDanielS

Yea it still won't let me post images, so here are the settings:

Sequence Settings: Frame size: 1920x1080 HDTV 1080i 16:9

Pixel aspect ratio: square

field dominance: upper.

Editing timebase: 30.

Quicktime settings:

compressor: H.264.

Quality: 100%

Audio Settings:

Rate: 48kHz

Depth: 16-bit

Config: Channel Grouped

Item Properties: comicsonspot.MP$

Type: Clip

Creator: Quicktime Player

Size: 1.7 GB

Tracks: 1V, 2A

Vid Rate: 60 fps

Frame size: 1280x720

Compressor: H.263

Ok, there's a bunch more settings, let me know if you need any other info. Thanks again!

Apr 24, 2013 2:59 PM in response to MrDanielS

H.264! I knew it.

FCP doesn't work with H.264 well. It stinks that it makes you THINK that it will, but it doesn't. it is best to convert H.264 to ProRes BEFORE you begin editing.

BUT...you can still get this to work...possibly. Go to the Sequence Settings and change the Compressor from H.264 to ProRes 422. Then render. Then export. That should do it.

Audio and video are out of sync when exported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.