Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can only burn a disk image from DVD Studio Pro- how do I burn a normal disk to play on my TV?

Currently my DVD Studio Pro project is only burning to a disk as a Disk Image. I've tried numerous ways to stop that and it just keeps on burning disk images. I've got an MPEG-2 video file, AC3 Audio file, and menus that all work when I simulate my disk.

Please help! Thanks!

DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:29 PM

After you do your build, click on Format.

A dialogue window will open and in Output Device you will have a number of choices – depending on the optical drives connected. The Hard Drive choice will give you the img. As shown below, it's going to an optical drive and will burn a physical DVD,.

User uploaded file

HTH

Russ

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2013 5:29 PM in response to hollysheffer

After you do your build, click on Format.

A dialogue window will open and in Output Device you will have a number of choices – depending on the optical drives connected. The Hard Drive choice will give you the img. As shown below, it's going to an optical drive and will burn a physical DVD,.

User uploaded file

HTH

Russ

Apr 25, 2013 5:40 PM in response to hollysheffer

Sorry, but it appears that your project has been set to HD DVD. You don't want that since it is an abandoned format; Blu Ray is now the HD standard.

I'm afraid you'll have to start with a new SD DVD project. Use the DVD preset folder from Compressor that comes closest to fitting your video's length. In DVDSP Preferences>Project, make sure that DVD Standard is set to SD DVD.

Good luck.

Russ

Apr 25, 2013 7:39 PM in response to Russ H

Okay I tried all of those steps and it still did not work. I compressed my video in Compressor and built an entirely new SD project in DVDSP, yet it still doesn't work. The disk image it prodces DOES work if I go through DVD Player and "open DVD Media" but the physical DVD just opens DVD Player and then says meda not supported.

This is what the log says after format now.

User uploaded file

I can only burn a disk image from DVD Studio Pro- how do I burn a normal disk to play on my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.