Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does logic pro make my macbook crash

For some strange reason i can't help but concentrate on the fact that i have a Legit Logic studio installed on to my Macbook pro 17" and every time i use it the screen ends up freezing and glitches. This problem constantly occur's everytime i open logic, it does not occur when i use my laptop in general, for browsing the web, using iTunes and do work with word documents. I do not have apple care, i have not sent my laptop in for an issue at all and i have had it for 2 years. Once again my laptop Crashes everytime i use logic studio and i just do not know what the problem is. it seems like it is effecting the ghraphics of the macbook but how can a programme which i installed by disk cause such a thing to happen? I would be very greatful for some opinons or any help of some sort.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 1:41 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2013 8:09 AM in response to Chigzy27

Logic is a very very very demanding application when you compare it to a web browser or iTunes. It's capable of using large amounts of CPU and memory and making your MBP very hot. Make sure you have your MBP on a flat surface that isnt a great insualtor. No duvets, take it off your lap if you start feeling it really heating up and put it on a table.

Jun 4, 2013 6:09 PM in response to gen_

What you said is true, it turned out that i had a faulty video card and maybe the cause was the placement of my macbook and how it started to really heat up. i have sent my macbook for repair since i found out that the cause of logic crashing and further issues was a faulty video card. hope anyone else with this problem finds this useful, no need to panic when theres a software/hardware related issue. Just take it to the mac store and let them run a full diagnostic check over night and they will come up with results the following day.

why does logic pro make my macbook crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.