No one? Just to clarify: I want to set up Mail so that my default email message when I start a new message is the custom template I created versus having to turn off my normal signature and then select the template through the pulldown menu each time I send an email. That's time consuming and if I start an email BEFORE remembering to select the template it doesn't seem to work.
I've added a logo plus a signature to my email tempate that I'd like to use under normal circumstances. Is there an elegant shortcut solution to doing this?
As an FYI: I just solved the problem by going the "low road." I'll be a bit laborious in case someone else wants a solution at a later date (I know I Googled the topic and found nothing). I experimented by simply:
- Opening a new email message
- Selecting my custom template
- Copying the custom signature (Select All)
- Opening another new email message
- Selecting Edit on the Signature pulldown menu
- Hitting the plus symbol to create/add a new signature in the pane
- Pasting into the new signature
- Naming it
- Selecting "Choose signature" at the bottom of the signatures pane
- And violà!!
- It now appears as a possible selection *and* as the default.
- Better yet - it is now my default and will work as a reply to an email.
I think I got it all right in the list above.
OK, granted, this is a pretty simply signature - a list of my website, SoundCloud, twitter etc with those names in bold and a graphic of my color logo - but... it works! YMMV.