Follow the steps below in order to print using Black Ink only:
1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 Lion) to see all available settings.
2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.
6. you may also set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only to print with black ink only..
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
If you want to use black and white as a default choice, open Terminal and issue
Click on the following link localhost:631, that will open Safari CUPS printers page.
Select your printer's name, then Set Default Options
Locate the Color's link, change it to Black & White or Grayscale. Confirm.
You may access a card within the cart reader by mapping a network drive to access it, then you may transfer the fies to your Mac.
First locate the printer IP address as following:
Follow these steps to print a Wireless Network Test Report, the IP address will be listed within that report:
Press the OK button to select Print Network Settings .
Now map a network driver by following the steps below:
- Click the Finder icon on your Mac.
- Click the Go menu.
- Click on Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field enter “smb://ipaddress of the printer” and click on Connect.
- You will be prompted to enter the password. leave it as is and click on Connect.
- The Memory card will be mounted as a disk in the Finder.