Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am only able to choose mute and rotation unlocked or locked rotation but with mute off. Why? How to have both?

In order to have rotation unlocked the mute has to be checked off. To have mute off, I have to choose locked rotation. How do I get sound and rotation? Volume works on music but not games. Volume is up on the side and on task bar. Help?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 8:49 PM

7 replies

Apr 24, 2013 8:53 PM in response to Plyrwiz

Hi Plyrwiz,

The Lock Rotation/Mute option is simply to set how the switch just above your volume button will be used. If you set it to Lock Rotation, then when it is in the Up position, it will lock your screen and prevent it from rotating when you turn the device sideways. However, if it is in the Down position it will have the Rotation unlocked, so the screen will rotate when you turn the device.

Likewise, if you have it set as a "Mute" button, then when it is Up the volume will be muted, and when it is down, it will not.

Savvy?

GB

Apr 25, 2013 7:05 AM in response to Plyrwiz

None of these worked. In settings I have only the option to check off mute or lock rotation. I don't want to do either one. I want rotation and sound. The volume is up on side of iPad and task bar at bottom. I tried all the suggestions but still the same problem, I either have to check on the mute or the rotation lock. Is there a way to have both volume and rotation?

I am only able to choose mute and rotation unlocked or locked rotation but with mute off. Why? How to have both?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.