Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Google Drive appear as an "open in" option for me?

I have the Google Drive app installed on my iPad, but it doesn't come up as an "open in" option for me in other apps. Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks!

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 8:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2013 9:52 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

Google Drive only works with the online Google Docs.

No, Google Drive (as an app) can be a resource to open documents that you open from another app. For example, if I open a document with Dropbox, I can then tap the button to open the document from another app that supports that format, and Google Drive is one of the options. I'll be prompted to upload the document to Google Drive, but the issue the OP is facing is that the originating app that isn't seeing Google Drive as an option.

Apr 24, 2013 9:52 PM in response to MagistraBl

MagistraBl wrote:

I have the Google Drive app installed on my iPad, but it doesn't come up as an "open in" option for me in other apps. Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks!

That is entirely a limitation of whatever app you're starting with, or perhaps you don't have Google Drive installed? What are you starting to open the document with?

Why doesn't Google Drive appear as an "open in" option for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.