Skip navigation

Quick colour labels

284 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 7:32 PM by Kirby Krieger RSS
Mandi B Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a quick way of assigning colour labels OTHER than COMMAND-1 etc?  I like to put my keyboard right out of the way and work with a wacom tablet, but if I want to use keyboard shortcuts, I have to keep reaching for the keyboard... obviously.  There's going via the Metadata, but it would be nice to be able to customise a tool somewhere that would just be one click.

Thanks...

Aperture 3
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,540 points)
    Apr 24, 2013 11:33 PM (in response to Mandi B)

There is also the drop-down in the Info panel - just click the color label to reveal it:

Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 08.31.38.PNG

Regards

Léonie

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (11,570 points)
    Apr 25, 2013 5:20 AM (in response to Mandi B)

Hi Mandi,

Which tablet?  The Radial Menus for the Wacom Intuos4 (and 5, iirc) are slick.  I have one set for Color Labels.  (Not on my editing machine -- can't show a screenshot right now.)  Recommended.

In addition to the drop-down Léonie mentions, you can use the Context-Sensitive menu (right-click, which can {and, imho, should} be bound to a pen button or a tablet button), and you can add the Metadata Field "Label" to your standard Metadata View (also recommended, as it is a single-click rather than two, which not only saves some time (trivial, imho) but is much less likely to produce an error (not trivial).

Also (heh - ) I am right-handed, and so I keep my Inspector to the right of the Browser/Viewer.  This keeps me from having to cross my hand over the tablet to use the Inspector.

HTH,

--Kirby.

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (11,570 points)
    Apr 25, 2013 7:32 PM (in response to Mandi B)

Not at all .  A pain is having to replace the motherboard twice in a week.  A small challenge is trying to answer without access to Aperture or most of my usual tools.

This is the best I can do right now:

Screenshot_4_25_13_22_21.jpeg

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.