Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 5 + 3TB HD: The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume

Hi all,

I installed a brand new 3TB Seagate Barracuda HD in my iMac late 2009 after read that apple provides a patch to use 3TB discs with bootcamp with 10.8.3.

I tried to install windows in my 3TB disc 4 o 5 times, reinstalling from scratch, formatting the disc from terminal, etc... I tried everything and I keep getting the same message: The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

The disc has a single 3TB Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition, but bootcamp keep saying that is not... and doesn't allows me to install windows. I read a lot of discussions here and other communities but as I said, none solution worked for me.

Any of you could manage to fix this issue?? Is Apple aware of that problem?

Any idea will be welcome!

Ivan

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 1:55 AM

6 replies

Bootcamp 5 + 3TB HD: The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.