Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open Aperture following updates

After a short break from Aperture, I tried to open the program and was told I needed to update iPhoto. I updated iPhoto and was still unable to open Aperture. I then went to the Aperture page and downloaded the update. After the download, I got a box that said, "Aperture3.4.4Update.pkg". When I click on that (preseuambly to install the update), I get a message that says, "The version of Aperture installed on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store. Check the Mac App Store to see if an update is available.". When I go to the Mac App Store, there are no Aperture updates.

I contacted Apple Suport who then directed me here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 1:20 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2013 4:33 AM in response to mlrojas04

What is the Aperture version you are currently running?

If you cannot launch it, select it in the Finder:

User uploaded file

And what version number is showing on your Aperture Library? Does it show as afan of three pictures, and with the filename extension ":aplibrary"?

User uploaded file

Do the version numbers of your Aperture library and the Aperture application match?

Regards

Léonie

Unable to open Aperture following updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.