Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have problems uploading my imovie-project?

Dear Support-Team,

I have just bought Final Cut Pro X and used to work semi-professionally with iMovie.

Wanting to add more to my work, I just upgraded, but......

1) Whenever I want to import an existing iMovie-File it doesnt and when it does the system doesn't recognize all files used? What can I do?

Sometimes the system crashes and a report is send to FinalCut.

Instead it has uploaded files by itself, randomly, iMovie projects or files, that I am not interested in working with.

2) I have a 3TB Dslr-Movie-Archive on my exteral. FinalCut tries to see all video files in the media library. But it takes ages for it to recognize all.

How can I prevent Final Cut from doing this or speed up the process?

Seeking some quick help.

Thanks.
Regards.

Ulas

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 3:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2013 6:05 AM in response to Ulas Atay

Support team? Not here. We're just fellow punters like you.

1) One reason this might happen is if the iMovie project contains titles or other content it doesn't recognize or DRM protected media.

2) I don't think so. If you're importing an archive or library it has to look through the whole thing.

Personally I don't like at all the way FCP handles iMovie import and processing. I would keep the applications separate if possible.

i have problems uploading my imovie-project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.