Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing for customers in a retail store

Hi,

I am starting up a new business - and I will need to do is to show customers proofs of their jobs. We had originally thought of doing this with a second monitor but we aren't crazy about mirroring everything we do on the customer's monitor.

My question is - is there a way to screen share pictures (either on another monitor or an iPad) where we can eaily and quickly just send the picture to our customer's monitor (or iPad) without having our every move mirrored?

Thanks,

Trevor

iMac, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 6:11 AM

User uploaded file

A second monitor can be set up so it is an extension of your desktop, not a mirror.

I found this image by googling "extended desktop".

You connect the second monitor and set it up in System Preferences / Displays.

The monitor could be set up to do anything you want - a slide show, specific images, etc. with the main display visible only to a person sitting at the iMac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2013 6:11 AM in response to sexyasmurder

User uploaded file

A second monitor can be set up so it is an extension of your desktop, not a mirror.

I found this image by googling "extended desktop".

You connect the second monitor and set it up in System Preferences / Displays.

The monitor could be set up to do anything you want - a slide show, specific images, etc. with the main display visible only to a person sitting at the iMac.

Screen sharing for customers in a retail store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.