Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scuzzi to usb

I have Pagemaker 4.2 files on a scuzzi drive under OS 6. I have Pagemaker 7 on a Powerbook G4. How can I move files from the scuzzi drive to a usb or firewire drive so I can import into the Powerbook?

Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 6:02 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2013 6:54 AM in response to cranforder

In the early days of the iMac there were SCSI-to-USB adapters available. You may still be able to locate such adapters somewhere, but the driver situation makes it unclear whether or not they will work with a modern Mac. Additionally, some file system issues may appear.

A better solution could be to try to find an appropriate older Macintosh computer, and connect the drive to SCSI (internally or externally) there. This could be a Mac capable of running System 6 (possibly necessary if you wish to launch the corresponding program from the hard drive), but it could also be a computer with System 7 up to Mac OS 9. An older Mac with a SCSI interface and with an Ethernet port would make it possible to transfer files over a network.

http://lowendmac.com/profiles.htm

Another matter is whether Pagemaker 4.2 data files can be opened directly in version 7 (check the Open dialogue in the PowerBook G4 program for listed file formats).

Jan

scuzzi to usb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.