Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Import Issue

Have an issue with iPhoto 9.4.3 (720.91) (current version as an update check indicated)

When I am attempting to add new pictures into my Library some pics are being readded despite checkmarking
User uploaded file

Had a similar issue in the past & the problem ended up being that the files in question had periods in their name, for example "GoDaddy.com.jpg". This time though I checked through these files that are being problematic & they have no periods in them, so I have no clue as to why this is happening now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 7:32 AM

23 replies

Apr 25, 2013 7:48 AM in response to SRASC

some pics are being readded despite checkmarking

Not sure what this means

As to "false' duplicate reports I have had that with 9.4.3 - no obvious reason - I neve click apply to all since I like to make my own decisions even if it requests strange things sometimes 9or maybe because it requests strange things sometimes)

LN

Apr 25, 2013 8:46 AM in response to SRASC

You show the "Import" button highlighted Are you clicking it? or the "Don't import button - and you have the Apply to all box checked - I do not do that since I do not want the computer to make decisions without my input - especially in a case like this where you are having it do the wrong thing

If you check the apply to all and click import you will get all of the duplicates as you directed

LN

Apr 25, 2013 9:03 AM in response to LarryHN

The Import button is always the highlighted one by default, but of course when asked "Would you like to import the following duplicate photo?", I checkmark Apply To All Duplicates & select Don't Import. So in that case it should only import what is not in the Library currently. The files in question are already in there.

Apr 25, 2013 9:21 AM in response to SRASC

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Lion and Mt. Lion from the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder

User uploaded file

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE 1: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

NOTE 2: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

iPhoto Import Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.