Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums being split by iTunes

This is really bugging me since iTunes 11 was released. I'd say a quarter of my albums in iTunes 11.0.2 are being split when in Artist & in Album views. It appears to be the 1st track of each of those albums being split from the others.

I made sure that all the tracks have the same Track & Album artist written, and the same Album name. I copied & pasted into the fields, so I know they're all correct.

I found this article http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1468 but, I don't really want to mark them as compilations (because they AREN'T!!!).

This is an example of what's going on:

User uploaded file

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 17-inch i7 Core, 8GB RAM (mid-2010)

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 9:50 AM

12 replies

May 12, 2013 5:05 AM in response to Xtinktor

Same problems for my albums and I solved the problem.

Even if the artist, album and disc number are the same, the songs were not merged into the album.

So here's what I did.

I click on the problematic track individually and click get info.

There's a tick for this option called part of a compliation. Tick it and click ok.

The track will then go to combine album.

All the best.

Nov 22, 2013 3:14 PM in response to Xtinktor

Here's what works for me...

1) Select all the songs in the split album.

2) Change each text field to something unique (I use Test Artist, Test Album Artist, Test Title, etc.)

(I don't change any comments, track numbers, dates, etc.)

3) Save the album.

4) Check to see if the new test album contains all the songs.

5) If the album is now intact select all the songs again and rename the fields with the correct information.

So far this has worked for me.

Dec 25, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Xtinktor

... I've found an even easier way of resolving this, where the main artist has guest artists on different tracks:

• select all the tracks in the album
  • change the album artist field to that of the main artist
  • click on OK

... lo and behold, all the tracks are then grouped together as a single album but retain the individual artist name(s) on each track 🙂

Jan 6, 2014 11:31 AM in response to Xtinktor

Kind of annoying but this is what I just found works. for me I had an artist with all my collection from him but 1 single album that did not want to go in to the group. I tried rewriting the artist and album artist repeatedly, basically trying everything in "get info". I then took the single album that would not sync, removed all info, except track #, etc. I then went into songs, found the blank artist and the song from that album and reapplied the name in both artist and album artist. This seemed to work for me, I'd say give it a try.

Albums being split by iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.