Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After my MBP's battery runs out, I have to press the power button twice to turn it on, is this an error?

The grayed out start screen that often occurs after the computer's battery has completely ran out occurs twice on my comp. This screen signifies that the computer is waking up from hibernation, so to speak, and I assume of course. This disconcerts me because I would assume that there would be a single progres bar/loading screen, rather than two. If this is normal behavior, please tell me, and if not, do you have any ideas about what I could do to fix this?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 9:15 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2013 1:26 PM in response to CalWilliams

Lithium Ion batteries should be recharged at (approx) 40-50%, fully discharging them is not recommended and will shorten their lifespan. There is also a danger that a singe cell will drop below its minimum voltage (3.2v) the cell will normally not recover and the battery will become unusable.

The day of the NiCad battery is long gone (Nicads had to be fully discharged before recharging) sadly it has yet to be forgotten.

After my MBP's battery runs out, I have to press the power button twice to turn it on, is this an error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.