Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I record a second track, garageband will record the first one again, even if I'm with headphones on. How can I stop it?

That's really annoying, because I can't put an effect in the second track, once that the part of the first track that's together will be changed too. And it happens with a third track, and so on, the other tracks will be together with the track i just have recorded.

If anybody could help me, I'd be really grateful.

P.S.: it only happens with the audio recorder, and it didn't happen before.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2013 6:01 AM

Ok, now, this will sound nonsense, but I solved the problem by changing my headphones.

I yet can't understand why did that happen, because the GB can't catch the audio of both of them, but, at least everything is going well now.

5 replies

Apr 27, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Christoph Drösser

I'm using GB 1.4 for Ipad 4, my IOS is 6.1.3, and the only mic is the one of the Ipad.

That's exactly the point: I'm recording the second track and the audio of the first one is appearing in the background, but the music is only being played through the headphones, and there is no way for the audio recorder be listening to it.

The first track i just sing with the guitar, then I tried to put a solo and backing vocals and this started to happen...

Thank you for the attention!

When I record a second track, garageband will record the first one again, even if I'm with headphones on. How can I stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.