Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SmugMug Viewer 13.01

I have an Apple TV which I use with my iPod Touch 5G iOS 6.0 to Airplay pictures and videos to my HD TV. When I try to use SmugView 13.01, which I just bought, it won't work with my SmugMug pictures. I see the Airplay icon, but when I touch it, I then see another page with "iPhone" on one line and "Apple - TV.local" on another.

When I touch "Apple - TV.local" it turns blue and switches back to the previous page, where the Airplay icon is now also blue. But that's it. No picture on the TV.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 11:05 AM

10 replies

Apr 25, 2013 11:09 AM in response to Dummkopf

Try:

- Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Contact SmugMug/go to their support site

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Apr 25, 2013 2:03 PM in response to lllaass

I contacted SmugMug and here's their answer:

Hi,

What you are doing seems absolutely right to me. Try restarting everything (TV + AppleTV + iPhone).

Cheers,

SmugApps.

I don't think they even read these things. I'm using an iPod Touch not an iPhone!

I rebooted everything and nothing changed. Next, I'm going to try it on an iPhone and see what happens.

Apr 28, 2013 1:01 PM in response to Dummkopf

Looks like I spoke too soon. Sometimes it will connect to Aiplay but most of the times it doesn't. I deleted and reloaded many times, rebooted everything, but still the same crApp. My other two Apps, Photos and Videos, always work without a problem.

So I wwrote Apple and here's what they said:

Dear Joseph,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Aman.

I understand that the purchase app "SmugView for SmugMug" did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store. I know how eager you must be in getting the issue resolved and I will surely assist you.

Joseph, I have submitted this item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with this item, but I can't say when or if the issue will be resolved. Please try again in a few weeks.

I have reversed the charge for "SmugView for SmugMug". In five to seven business days, a credit of US$2.99 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

I hope the information resolves the issue. If you have further queries, feel free to contact me on this email and I will be happy to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

That's why I still love Apple.

Joe

SmugMug Viewer 13.01

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.