Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have an i pad mini and have started an online course. Documents sent via Dropbox and need to know best app to buy to enable me to use documents offline. Documents include zip files and powerpoint. cheers

i have an ipad mini and have started online course.documents sent to Dropbox. Mixture of word documents, zip files and powerpoint. Need to be able to use documents offline. any suggestions on suitable app that would enable me to transfer documents and work with them off line?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 12:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2013 1:19 PM in response to Chillibabe

Depends on what you mean by "work with them offline". If you mean store the documents so you can access them if not connected to the internet, you already have it: DropBox.you can download files from the cloud an use them offline. You will need an app to handle the zip files: I use File Manager, but there are others. File Manager also intergrates with dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud. If you only need to read them, these apps will take care of that for you.

As for editing, there are a few options. All have their limitations.

Some possible apps to look at:

• Pages, Numbers (Apple)
  • Document (by Savy soda)
  • document 2 go
  • Quickoffice
  • CloudOn
  • Smart Office

Make sure to read botht he descriptions and the reveiws carefully

Have an i pad mini and have started an online course. Documents sent via Dropbox and need to know best app to buy to enable me to use documents offline. Documents include zip files and powerpoint. cheers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.