Mac Security Updates list: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Successfully update Java from Software update, java.com, or http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572
- Delete Java Cache:
1. Click on Apple icon at the top
2. Click the System Preferences icon to open
3. Click on Java icon located under the Other section to open Java Control Panel
4. In Java Control Panel click on Settings under Temporary Internet Files
5. Click on the Delete Files button on Temporary Internet Files window
6. This will open the Delete Files and Applications window, click OK to confirm delete. (All 3 boxes should be checked.)
Safari still will not launch any Java plug-in (Example: The 'Verify Java Version' applet will not launch: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Deleted the Java plugin for Safari
- sudo rm -R /Library/Internet \Plug-ins\ (Any plug-in having to do with Java)
- Reinstall Java
Safari still will not launch any Java plug in.
- I do not know how to reinitialize the plug-in after "Apple has updated the web plug-in-blocking mechanism to disable older versions of the web plug-in: Java "
Problem does not happen in Safari on OSX 10.6.8 and 10.8.X.... Only OS 10.7.4 and 10.7.5
- OS 10.6.8 and 10.8.X are resolved by installing the Java update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1573 and http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 ) > Safari update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1569 and http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640 ) > Reboot
- 10.7.X does not have an update for Safari.
How do you enable the new Java plug-in for Safari 5.1.7 on OS 10.7.4 and 10.7.5? Where is the Safari update?