Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to update to iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and when I click download and update it's says the iPad software update server could not be contacted? Anyone know what this means and what I have to do?

My iTunes won't connect to network to let me update to iOS 5 can't someone help?

iPad 2, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 6:13 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2013 6:29 PM in response to CoreyS55

Just so that you are clear on this, you cannot update to iOS 5 now. You can only update to iOS 6.1.3 which is the latest version of the iOS.

Quit iTunes, reboot your computer, restart your iPad and try again. You might want to reboot your modem as well.... Unplug it for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again. Also, disable your firewall and antivirus software when you try to update.

I'm trying to update to iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and when I click download and update it's says the iPad software update server could not be contacted? Anyone know what this means and what I have to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.