Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consistent problem with iPhone 4S software

Hello! I have had issues with my iPhone 4S since the day I got it. I have been to the apple store more times than I can count and every time it's some stupid excuse or attempt to fix my phone. Well now I am out of warranty and they told me there is nothing they can do.

I have all kinds of problems, from battery issues to apps not working to the screen freezing on me, etc. Every time I go they tell me it's an issue with the software and reset my phone to factory settings. I set up the phone as new and then bring over a small amount of pics, music files and apps. I never restore from back up.

The most current issue is the phone drains to 1% battery and when I plug it in to charge, it acknowledges the charger but won't charge. The phone then dies and I am unable to turn it on for at least 48 hours. This has happened twice now. Apple ran diagnostics and said everything was fine and it was probably a corrupt file. We again reset it to factory settings and I was instructed to not bring over any files. I then used the phone for one day and it happened again. I also have not been able to back up to iCloud since I got the phone. The backup always fails.

I am desperate at this point and apple will not replace the phone because it is out of warranty. I never had issues backing up to iCloud or with my files on my iPhone 4. My husband plugs his phone into the same computer and has no issues with a corrupt file. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should do?

<Edited By Host>

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 7:00 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2013 7:02 PM in response to LP0198

LP0198 wrote:

... Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should do?

The Basic Troubleshooting Steps are:

Restart... Reset... Restore from Backup... Restore as New...

Restart / Reset

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Backing up, Updating and Restoring

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If you try all these steps and you still have issues... Then a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is the Next Step...

Be sure to make an appointment first...

Consistent problem with iPhone 4S software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.