Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook core 2 duo backlight problems?

Hi guys. I know this topic has been brought up before but none of the advice seemed to help me.

Anyways, I have a 2007 white MacBook. One day the backlight unexpectedly went off. I tried restarting it, resetting RAM, I also tried those 'brightness down and up tricks but none of it worked for me. Once I pressed the sides of screen bezel and the backlight suddenly came on again. But it didn't last long because if I closed the lid a bit, it would go off again. Getting it back on again was harder every time as sometimes as simple as a knock on the base would turn it on, sometimes I'd spend an hour trying to make it work woith no luck.

So if any of you guys know what might be the problem, ny help would be appreciated.

Thanks, A

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Core2Duo 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 11:01 PM

Try to open the case and see if any cables are loose. Or take it to an Apple Store if this sounds a little bit too hard.

Cheers

3 replies

Macbook core 2 duo backlight problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.