Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod classic itunes will not sync

Itunes will not recognize my classic ipod

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 9:01 PM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2013 4:29 PM in response to Clyde54

I had the same problem. Ran all the diagnostics and got the message "not detected".

Then

Selected my Classic on the side bar

On the top Horizontal Bar that runs "Summary Music Movies TV Shows Podcasts Audio..."

I clicked on Podcasts: Boom. Podcasts transferred to the old 80 gig classic.

Music? Ditto: that's where you select specific play lists. Haven't succeded there with

getting PodCast Playlists to transfer [the podcasts did] so I've got some additionsl homework.

-wbajr tbc

PS: Been running all this on my newer Classic On my Mac

The above problems were encountered in settingl up on a PC Laptop Running Windoz 7

First time I''ve done a scratch install on an iPod in years. The Mac I don't have to think about.

Wish iTunes Diagnostics asked: "Did you tell iTunes to Sync anything?"

They probably did in the Video.. but hacks like me read all the instructions as a last resort ;-)

good luck

Dec 23, 2013 1:26 PM in response to Clyde54

I have been sweating for more than a week thinking I would have no music for christmas as my ipod classic would only sync for 10 seconds and no songs would be added to my ipod. To make matters worse, in vain I reformatted my ipod so wiped all my songs and couldn't get them back on. I was blaming apple etc, but ultimately found that when I clicked on the tab that come's up with ' iPod' with the triangle next to it in topish right of the page a new screen came up with an image of my ipod classic. I then clicked on the tab above that said music and found the automatic sync boxes were unticked. This must be a glitch in this update. I hope people find this helpful and is a solution for them. Unfortunately, the iTunes page changing to a very minimalist format does not help navigation. IAnd there I was thinijg finctionality was the focus of these companies.Good luck!

my ipod classic itunes will not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.