Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

processor model for MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Early 2013 and Mid 2012

any one have any idea what is the exact model of the processor (Intel Core i7-3610QM?? or ??? ) for MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Early 2013 and Mid 2012?? i cant seem to find the information...pls help! thx!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 3:43 AM

There is no 3610QM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2013 3:49 AM in response to buddyjesus

You probably cannot find that because Apple changes processors within a class on a periodic basis...i.e., higher speed rating every few months. So, specifying the Intel part number will only be valid for a particular run of Macs.

That is not going to be very important for anyone beyond a system-level programmer or developer who wants to take advantage of processor-level instruction sets.

Apr 28, 2013 1:13 AM in response to buddyjesus

thx all for the reply!

Hi Ralph, your point exactly. They keep upgrading their systems....how will i be able to know whether am i getting an older model or newer model? for e.g: if i get a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, how do i know is it a 2012 model or 2013 model since both only states that information? or is it both still using the same processor?

Hi schang42s, where did you get that information?

Apr 28, 2013 4:26 AM in response to buddyjesus

Didn't think of it the other day, but sig did, go to http://www.everymac.com and then any of the Apple products listed and then any particular vintage to get all of the details available.

What Apple does iS no different than anyone else in the computer industry, constantly upgrade equipment. As the end user you have to just make a decision and buy what suits your needs. A user who gets caught in the trap of waiting because something better is just around the corner will never get a new system.

I boughtt my current MacBook Pro and a month later the standard i7 was raised another 0.2 GHz. Such is life. But I use that machine so heavily I could not really have waited.

just some thoughts.

processor model for MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Early 2013 and Mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.