Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th Gen "Other" files goes 20+ GB?

I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen 32 GB non-Jailbroken with iOS 5.0.1. Recently checked at iTunes for Usage. I've given a strange result :

User uploaded file

From above, the details of the Usage are:

Audio = 191 songs

Video = 1 Video (8 minutes)

Photos = 428 Pictures and 8 Videos ( All are under 10 mins)

Apps = 81 Apps

Other = ?

The question is, What are the "Other" Files? And in what way to reduce that file?

Optional -> My friend has a Jailbroken iPod and has this problem too, how to solve it?

Thanks in Advance

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 10:09 PM

We do not support jailbroken devices here so we cannot help your friend. He should unjailbreak so he is no longer in violation of the iPod license agreement.

That aside, "Other" should never be more than a GB or two, so it would probably be a good idea to restore your iPod. Try from a backup first, and if that doesn't work, restore to factory settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2013 10:09 PM in response to RyoArmanda

We do not support jailbroken devices here so we cannot help your friend. He should unjailbreak so he is no longer in violation of the iPod license agreement.

That aside, "Other" should never be more than a GB or two, so it would probably be a good idea to restore your iPod. Try from a backup first, and if that doesn't work, restore to factory settings.

iPod Touch 4th Gen "Other" files goes 20+ GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.