Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't remove my Windows partition anymore with bootcamp!

I installed windows XP over a year ago on my mac using bootcamp, now I would like to remove it completly from my computer and get back some space.

So I opened bootcamp and the only option was "Install or remove windows 7 or later version" so i did that.

I waited a bit then a message poped up saying that the operation failed, so I try again and it keeps on loading loading, so I leave it overnight and when I check it again it hasnt moved its still where it was last night so i click on it and it was frozen and crashes, so I open it back but this time the "Install or remove windows 7 or later version" is gray so I cannot click on it anymore, and I still have the same amount a space that I did before even on disk utility I cannot see the windows partition anymore. . . even on system pregerences -> startup disk. the windows partition is gone. its like if its gone but where did the free space go? i had 50gb of space on it and I dont know where it is how to get it back?

what is the problem please help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), BOOT CAMP

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 3:45 AM

There are no replies.

I can't remove my Windows partition anymore with bootcamp!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.