Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

C300 FW 1.8: Weirdness in FCPX 10.0.8

Shooting on C300 @ 50Mbps 1920x1080 on fw 1.8. Dumped card on hard drive, imported to FCPX 10.0.8. The image looks flickery and grainy. I then did a test with converting a clip via MPEG Streamclip to Prores and it looked fine in FCPX. When I imported to FCPX there was no option to transcode, only proxy media- unusual.

When I exported from FCPX to file- image looked fine. When I used Share to post to Vimeo it also looked fine. So the problem exists within FCPX and the way it is monitoring the XF codec. It's just extremely unnerving.

I did a screen capture (at a lesser frame rate) where you can see the graininess and flickery image.

https://vimeo.com/truelifemedia/review/64823217/c1d15b6c76

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 6:15 AM

22 replies

Apr 26, 2013 7:03 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I should add that I have done it both ways. Initially, I did create a dated folder with separate folders for both C300 and 5D footage. This is because I am used to this method of backing up masters- I've always done it this way for the 5D. I then imported footage from my C300 folder (copied directly from the CF card). This is where the dated folder reference leads to- in my event folder.

I tried it with XF utility and it basically did the same thing, but less coherently than my dated folder system. I imported the same way.

I also attempted to import directly from the CF card- no dice, same lack of optimize (but you said it doesn't optimize XF?)

Apr 26, 2013 7:14 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Really confused now because of tarsier123's message. What does this camera shoot? Doesn't it shoot AVCHD? Why the XF Utility? Or is this some new and weird reecording system Canon has dreamed up?

Canon EOS C100

Versatile, compact storytelling

An affordable video production camera offering a unique combination of professional HD imaging, compact design and lens versatility, the user-friendly C100 is ideally configured for single person use.

• 8.3MP Super 35mm CMOS sensor; Full HD
  • High sensitivity, low noise
  • 24Mbps AVCHD to SD cards

C300 FW 1.8: Weirdness in FCPX 10.0.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.