Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i save me data stored on a non responding ipod classic and says you need to format before using it?

how can i save me data stored on a non responding ipod classic and says you need to format before using it?
in another way : how can i save my date stored on my classic iPOD as a external hard .... when that msgs appears .... volume doesn't contain a recognized file system , make sure the file system is loaded .... then , you need to format ??? can anyone help ?

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 7:25 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2013 12:07 PM in response to Sam_1114

It sounds like the iPod's storage has data corruption. You may be able to treat it like an external drive and use data recovery software on it, but it probably won't work because the system is telling you that the drive needs to be formatted before it is recognized.

If the problem is data corruption and there is no hardware-related problem on the iPod's hard drive, a Restore should fix the problem. But this will obviously erase the iPod's hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.