Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scan problems with Epson XP-800

Just switched to Mountain Lion and now cannot scan with Epson XP-800. Just get empty files. Installed Epson new drivers, but no help. Printing is fine. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 2,5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (early 2008)

4 GB RAM

OS X 10.8.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM, 2.5 GHz Core

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 7:59 AM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2013 3:15 PM in response to mjcallan

Eric - First, thank you for such a quick response!

Yes I've tried your suggestions already. When I open Image Capture it reads "No Camera or Scanner Selected". There is no way to load a scanner. :\

When I open System Preferences/Print&Scan, click on the Epson, click on Scan, click on Open Scanner... the little scan "icon" in the upper right hand corner isn't lit up.

In Preview, when I click on "Import from Epson XP-800 Series", the screen is blank. Eventually an error reads "An error occurred while communication with scanner.

Nor can I scan from the Epson into my Mac.

I'm not the only one. I found one other person online with the same problem. My sister and I also have the same printer and she's the one who alerted me of the problem. When I tried to fix her printer... I couldn't do. So I checked mine... same problem as her's.

This problem started after one of the last 2 upgrades, because we were scanning not that long ago.

As for the link you provided... been there, done that. I already uploaded their most recent driver... and nothing changed.

Please help we are dead in the water on some work projects!!!

With sincere appreciation,

Celeste

Scan problems with Epson XP-800

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.