Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moov

I have tried every option possible to export a fast start movie from Imovie. No luck. the atom file remains at the end of the file and start time remains over three minutes

What does the check box of "streaming" do in H.264 export, or optimize for server. Of all Apples technical ability, an option to finsh the export process with a atom moov file at the beginning, it surprises me its this difficult. Would the extra exporting time matter if the file fast started. I have spent 10 trying to get this to work correctly.

Brad

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Are you checking Prepare for Internet Streaming and selecting Fast Start from the dropdown menu?

Matt

3 replies

Apr 26, 2013 5:46 PM in response to Matthew Morgan

I finally got it, from a utube video, Must choose "movie to Mpeg 4, (not movie to quicktime) This will create a .MOV file. natually you must choose fast start for streaming, this moves the atom moov file to the beginning of mov file, needed for faststart. I needed, as many do a .mp4 file. So, I opend the MOV in quick time 7 pro, and exported as .mp4.

on the web site, the movie was ready to play in 3 seconds. Yahoo, finally

Thanks for your response Matt

Brad

moov

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.