3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 1:32 PM by NathanL1192
Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
expertise.macosx
Mac OS X

I have a new iMac with the SSD drive inside - I have an 'old' Time Machine backup of my older computer - I already used Migration Assistant to move and update etc. the Applications themselves on the SSD -- but I want to restore the DATA from the TM backups [i.e. the user folders and contents] to an external drive connected to the computer -- how do I do that???

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Mid-2011
Solved by NathanL1192 on Apr 26, 2013 1:13 PM Solved
Hi there Victoria, You can plug your time machine drive in, and open it in Finder like a normal hard drive. Click the 'Backups.backupdb' folder, the name of your computer, and then scroll to the 'Latest' shortcut. Navigate your files and copy over what you need. Let me know if you need any other assistance, Nathan
  • NathanL1192 Level 3 Level 3

Hi there Victoria,

You can plug your time machine drive in, and open it in Finder like a normal hard drive. Click the 'Backups.backupdb' folder, the name of your computer, and then scroll to the 'Latest' shortcut. Navigate your files and copy over what you need.

Let me know if you need any other assistance,

Nathan

• Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

NathanL1192 -- it's very weird but when I look on your page it shows the beginning of your Reply but when I Come directly to this page there is no reply from you??  That is true whether or not I am signed in = see below = so I know you replied and had an answer but I can't find enough information to be sure!  Thanks.  - the picture below is of what I see when I look at this page = no reply, tho I know you did one.

screen.jpg

• NathanL1192 Level 3 Level 3

That's confusing, sorry about that. As you have marked it is correct, I assume you can now see it?