Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my brand new MBP (OS 10.8.3) to out put 5.1 from either the Optical out or Mini-Display port to HDMI. Help .

I can't get my brand new MBP (OS 10.8.3) to out put 5.1 from either the Optical out or Mini-Display port to HDMI. Help .

I've tried all suggestions and the MBP is not recognizing my Onkyo TX-SR705 which is only 3 or 4 years old.

Could this be a HDCP problem ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 11:20 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Kodos3000

Kodos3000 wrote:

I've tried all suggestions and the MBP is not recognizing my Onkyo TX-SR705 which is only 3 or 4 years old.

Could this be a HDCP problem ?

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked. Plus you have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.