Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote to quicktime movie no sound?

I have a keynote presentation which consists of several embedded video clips. When playing this presentation live to my class there is no problem at all and everything functions perfectly. When exporting to QuickTime to put on my classroom website, the sound for the first clip will play, but subsequent clips have no sound. Ideas? Alternately i can make a screencast video of the presentation using ScreenFlow and the audio comes through fine, but it requires me to sit and click through the presentation then edit the darned thing. The QuickTime export is automatic, which is really handy. Each video is on its own slide, if that information helps.

iWork 09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Keynote 09

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 2:24 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2013 1:00 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I am not running this on an intranet, I am creating a video for my students and posting it to my Internet web page. So if I were to post the keynote file itself, 4/5 of my students would be unable to open it because they don't have Macs. Some do not even have desktop computers and view stuff on their smart phones. I solved the issue, at least partially, by saving the presentation as html and posting it to my site that way. It works but it is a bit buggy. Would still rather make it into a movie.

keynote to quicktime movie no sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.