Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not sending or receiving iMessages from my phone

Hello,

Over the last few days Messages has slowly stopped sending or receiving iMessages from my phone. If I send a message to another iMessage number from the computer it's saying "delivered" when in fact it's not sending at all. Additionally, any iMessage that comes to my phone is no longer coming to my computer on Messages. I've tried logging in and out, restarting, changing settings, etc. Nothing seems to get it working. My iPhone is a 4S on Sprint. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if there are any suggestions to get it working?

Thanks!

Adam

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 3:01 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2013 2:13 PM in response to Adam Glickfield

HI,

I had this issue once.

On checking thre iPhone settings the Apple ID had become Unchecked and th iPhone Number was not ticked at all.

I removed the Apple ID

Placed the iPhone in Airplane mode to break with the server.

On taking the iPhone out of Airplane mode I checked the iPhone Number was listed for iMessages and then re-added the Apple ID

As I did not get the pop on the Mac version as soon as I thought I should I restarted the Mac Messages app.

It then got the pop Up saying the iPhone was using the iPhone Number and Apple ID.

(I probably did not wait long enough but I would do this if the pop has not appeared in five minutes).

User uploaded file
10:13 PM Saturday; April 27, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Messages not sending or receiving iMessages from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.