Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find iphoto in my iMac and I don't have a cd what can I do?

I can't find iphoto in my computer

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 9:57 PM

Please explain more.

• Did you have iPhoto before and it is now missing all of a sudden?
  • Did you buy a new Apple computer with iPhoto preinstalled and cannot find it?
  • Did you reinstall your system and now iPhoto has to be reinstalled?
  • What is your MacOS X version?

Any new apple branded computer is supposed to come with iPhoto preinstalled. For older computers iPhoto has to be bought separately from the App Store.

iPhoto should be installed in your "Applications" folder.To search for iPhoto on you Mac, if it went missing, type "iPhoto" into the Spotlight search field:

User uploaded file

If iPhoto should have come preinstalled, launch the AppStore and look at the "Purchased" tab, if you can see iPhoto there, ready for redowndownload.

Regards

Léonie

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2013 9:57 PM in response to Olguis

Please explain more.

• Did you have iPhoto before and it is now missing all of a sudden?
  • Did you buy a new Apple computer with iPhoto preinstalled and cannot find it?
  • Did you reinstall your system and now iPhoto has to be reinstalled?
  • What is your MacOS X version?

Any new apple branded computer is supposed to come with iPhoto preinstalled. For older computers iPhoto has to be bought separately from the App Store.

iPhoto should be installed in your "Applications" folder.To search for iPhoto on you Mac, if it went missing, type "iPhoto" into the Spotlight search field:

User uploaded file

If iPhoto should have come preinstalled, launch the AppStore and look at the "Purchased" tab, if you can see iPhoto there, ready for redowndownload.

Regards

Léonie

May 1, 2013 1:25 AM in response to Olguis

Hey guys, I have the same exact problem. I've been wanting to use photostream and now it's telling me I don't have iPhoto.

I did a clean install on early February when Apple changed the HDD on my iMac. I was already running OSX ML and I had it, now I go over to the app store and wants me to pay for it, but I already "had" it! What should I do?

Thank you.

Aug 4, 2013 3:09 AM in response to léonie

Hi there,

I have a similar problem.

I performed an internet recovery after my MacBook Pro stopped working (it failed to restart). I'm now running OS X 10.8.4.

I bought my Mac originally with Snow Leopard installed and iLife included. I subsequenlty upgraded to Lion and Mountain Lion. iLife was still installed after my last upgrade before I had to do the internet recovery.

I tried "Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion" but there's no iLife applications under the "Accept portion of the screen".

Any ideas please?

I can't find iphoto in my iMac and I don't have a cd what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.