Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork not opening

I had iWork on my mac since september 2011, and I recently needed to restore my mac because of how slow it was. Anyways, I put the iWork install disk in and installed iWork, but when I click on either pages, keynote or numbers, new always have errors. I tried deleting the com.apple.iWork plist and still didn't work. Any help?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 6:34 PM

14 replies

Apr 28, 2013 1:28 PM in response to kyletheperson

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode. Shut down the computer and then power it back up. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode - About

General information.

Isolating issues in Mac OS X

Troubleshooting Permission Issues

Step by Step to Fix Your Mac

Apr 28, 2013 5:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Tried both, iWork still continues to do these really weird things. I go to File > Choose new document from template chooser... > and this comes up

User uploaded file

A blank and empty template chooser. I also get this error when trying to open any document, take this one as an example:

User uploaded file

Anyways, I feel like giving up... I'm really tired of trying to fix it but all my work I do in school is in iWork formats (.pages, .key...) and everytime I want to open a pages document I must convert it to .doc to open it with stupid Word. Apple store is an hour away...

May 6, 2013 6:50 PM in response to Imp68

I deleted what I could delete, meaning that I deleted the iWork '09 folder and one plist from preferences, because there weren't two. There was never any iWork folder in Application Support EVER which I find concerning. Anyways, I reinstalled it, and before updating, noticed there's an error about MobileMe, which makes pages quit itself. After I update it, it gets even more weird and just says it can't open any files. When I make a new pages document, nothing comes up. This is getting reallllyyyyy annoying.

iWork not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.