Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iauthor - Please help save my holiday

I have spent hours (and hours, and hours) putting together a 40 page itinerary for a road trip this summer. Without really exploring the iBooks distribution options I put it together with iauthor, with the assumption that I could then share with my friends via the library or as a download. I have pushed it through iTunes connect but it's been in review 10 days now with no progress. That approach seems over the top for such a small audience. I know I can save as a PDF but the file is full of interactive widgets so I would be really reluctant to lose the value of all those.

Is there any other way of sharing the book with a group without needing to upload to iTunes? Even if it was just a preview copy such as i have on my own ipad, any help gratefully received.

iBook, Iauthor

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 1:24 AM

Yes, absolutely!

You can also export your book as an .ibooks file, which doesn't need to be uploaded to the bookstore.

In iBooks Author click Share > Export > iBooks (it's a similar process to creating a PDF).

The only restriction on distribution via this option is that you can't charge for the book, but it doesn't sound like you want to anyway. Depending on the size of the exported .ibooks file, you could share it via email or perhaps a better approach is to create a shared DropBox folder, place the exported .ibooks file into this folder, then send people a link to this folder.

Hope that helps! 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2013 1:24 AM in response to Smythmr

Yes, absolutely!

You can also export your book as an .ibooks file, which doesn't need to be uploaded to the bookstore.

In iBooks Author click Share > Export > iBooks (it's a similar process to creating a PDF).

The only restriction on distribution via this option is that you can't charge for the book, but it doesn't sound like you want to anyway. Depending on the size of the exported .ibooks file, you could share it via email or perhaps a better approach is to create a shared DropBox folder, place the exported .ibooks file into this folder, then send people a link to this folder.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Iauthor - Please help save my holiday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.