Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windowserver: received connect display change for...

I keep on seeing this sequence in my console:

WindowServer[76]: Received display connect changed for display 0x4280380

WindowServer[76]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003d

WindowServer[76]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003e

WindowServer[76]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003f

WindowServer[76]: CGXMuxAcknowledge: Posting glitchless acknowledge

WindowServer[76]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x04280380

What does this mean? It's not referring to an external display, cuz I'm not connected to one.

Is there a problem with the Graphics card?

Anyone?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 7:29 AM

6 replies

Mar 27, 2015 7:00 PM in response to ilyafromukr

I just started seeing the same issue. PRAM and SMC reset didn't help. But, it does go away if I uncheck "Automatic Graphics Switching" so it stays on the high performance vs. integrated graphics. Given that I have one of the MBP models where some do develop motherboard based graphics problems, I hope this isn't the start of it. That issue is with the discrete graphics and: "The GPU issue might present itself onscreen as visual artifacts, banding or a blank screen."

Apr 1, 2015 9:15 AM in response to radellaf

I had the similar error message: WindowServer[94]: Received display connect changed for display 0x4280642

It started after I improperly disconnected an external display (a projector, actually).

The error message above was preceded by this line: Sandbox: com.apple.WebKit(602) deny file-read-data /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security-common.plist

From this I surmised that when I disconnected the projector, I had corrupted the file /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security-common.plist

Deleting that file and restarting solved the problem.

Apr 1, 2015 10:28 PM in response to radellaf

Solved my problem with display glitches associated with this:

WindowServer[95]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x04272902 device: 0x7f95b3b019f0 isBackBuffered: 1 numComp: 3 numDisp: 3

Turns out it was a corrupted Eye-Fi Helper. Quitting the helper stopped the problems. Deleting the app, library folder, and fi.eye.* in user preferences and then re-installing a fresh version solved the problem.

Diagnosed by not finding the issue when logging in as guest. Console wouldn't show errors, but playing a video in mplayerx showed no glitching. Safe Boot wasn't helpful as I couldn't get it to turn off discrete graphics.

Windowserver: received connect display change for...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.