Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac User - Help with Migration

Hi I just bought a Mac and tried to use migration assistant to transfer my files from a PC to the Mac. Note I did not do it on set up, but after. So I had one user account, then when I went to do migration assistant it seemed to try and get me to create another account, but I said "Ignore this user" (or something like that) and I didn't create a new user. So then it took over 5 hours to transfer files, I had about 450GB to transfer, and completed. But not I cannot find the files at all. There is still just one user account (the one I set up and a guest account), but I just cannot find files. No pictures, documents, or anything. So either I am missing something, or I figure I should just re-start over as if it was a new computer but can't figure out how to do that. Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 7:37 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2013 7:45 PM in response to jenniferward2002

jenniferward2002 wrote:

Hi I just bought a Mac and tried to use migration assistant to transfer my files from a PC to the Mac. Note I did not do it on set up, but after. ...

See Pondini's Excellent information here...

Setting-up a new Mac from an old one, its backups, or a PC

Also see the Second Chance to Use Setup Assistant here...

http://Pondini.org/OSX/SetupLion.html

New Mac User - Help with Migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.