Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert an image into a pdf in preview

Hi All,

I would like to know hoe to insert an image into a pdf in preview.

Thank you in advance for any opinion !

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 10:42 AM

you could set it in as a signature I did that earlier today

16 replies

Apr 27, 2013 12:38 PM in response to Punkyups

As a separate page or in an existing page? If it's as a separate page open the pdf and image in Preview. Drag the thumbnila of the image from it's open window into the open window of the PDF. Have the Preview option activated in both windows.

Save the PDF file with the added photo and it's done.

If you want to insert the photo into an existing page in the PDF document you'll have to get another application, Adobe Acrobat or some 3rd party pdf editor.

OT

Apr 28, 2013 9:18 AM in response to Punkyups

The only way I know to do that would be with Adobe Acrobat which is rather expensive. Or, you can try the roundabout method:

1- open the pdf in Preview and begin a Print Process.

2 - do a Print ➙ PDF ➙ Save PDF to iPhoto

User uploaded file

NOTE: works with anything you can print. Creates a 200 dpi jpeg image of each page and saves it to iPhoto.

3 - use a 3rd party image editor or Pages from iWork to add the transparent background gif or png logo to the image of the page.

4 - to get it back to a pdf do a Print ➙ Save as PDF.

If you don't have the Save PDF to iPhoto in the PDF menu you can download it from Toad's Cellar. There are two versions, one 200 dpi and one 300 dpi.

Aug 30, 2014 10:14 AM in response to Skeptical Nerd

I have been using the 1 of the 2 copies of Adobe Acrobat Pro in our office for over a year because of the inability to "insert an image into a pdf in preview" ... I was at wit's end yesterday when I searched the Internet again and found your post at the bottom of a thread ... I did what you said, google FormulatePro and installation and figuring it out took under 5 minutes. No more need to be tied to a legal expensive Adobe Acrobat Professional or be forced to do what everyone else says about converting your PDF into an image. Everyone, listen to Skeptical Nerd.

Oct 16, 2015 11:40 AM in response to daltonks

I just did it using a Thanksgiving turkey image as my signature for a Thanksgiving song I wrote - go to Fill and Sign - Place signature - Use Image - Browse - then bring up image you want to use -- should be a PDF also and after placing it you can size it and move it around before saving the doc. Hope this helps...

insert an image into a pdf in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.