Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iTunes to IMac or iCloud?

If I sync iTunes to iCloud on my IMac, anything from the iMac, iPhone or iPhone, should show up on all the other devices is this correct? Is it recommended to sync to iCloud or my computer (IMac) and what are the benefits of each?

Thanks.

OS X Mountain Lion, 2TB OWC External Drive for my IMac

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 2:51 PM

9 replies

Apr 30, 2013 2:55 PM in response to david.menzel

Thanks, that helps. So when backing up my iPad2 on iTunes - there is a choice to back up on my Mac or iCloud. For everything to be seen on all devices, I need to back up to iCloud, correct? That way changes to iPhot, iTunes, contacts, etc will show on all devices - is that correct?

Perhaps none of this matters. As long as iCloud is on all devices, it probably doesn't matter where iTunes is backed up to - or is this incorrect? Thanks and this should end all my questions!

Sync iTunes to IMac or iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.