Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cable/TV tuner for IMAC

Hello,

I'm looking for a product that will allow me to connect my Comcast/Xfininity cable to my imac and use it as a TV. My comcast area was "upgraded" a year or so ago, so all my TV's have a least a small "conversion" box with a remote. I'd ideally like to elimate the need to this box and connect directly to the Mac using the co-ax cable however.. I'm guessing I'll at least need to connect through the "converter".

So.... what is a good solution for this scenario. I do not need DVR capability.

Thanks!

Scott

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 6:22 PM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2013 3:00 AM in response to shw104

Elgato's support of this product is poor and the product hasn't been updated in a while. It has no HDMI and doesn't support all programming guides. Also, has bugs with Maverick OS. So if you go with this product be aware of the limitiations.

For Canadians with Bell Fibe, Elgato only supports the Satelite programming guide and NOT Bell Fibe. I asked for this 6 months ago and still no support.

Too bad there is not alternate product.

Cable/TV tuner for IMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.