Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 5 has NO SOUND!!!

My iphone was fine up until a few hours ago. Now the sound has stopped completely. It does not ring, alert me for texts, play music, or anything. I made sure that my phone is not on silent or vibrate, have restarted my phone several times, and have even reset the settings on my phone.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 7:35 PM

You said you checked it wasn't on silent or vibrate. Does this mean you checked the silent/mute switch on the side by the volume buttons? If not check by the volume buttons and verify that you dont see an orange dot/line and slide the switch toward the front of the phone.

13 replies

Jun 17, 2013 10:14 PM in response to kendraaaa

i have a macbook so sometimes this happens to it as well. what i found to help a lot is if you stick a sewing needle into the headphone jack. similar to the macbook, i feel like the connection thinks it's still plugged into something (notice that when you're adjusting the volume it says volume (headphones) not just ringer). unlocked, and while adjusting the volume, probe around with a needle, pushing it as close to the center all the way in. you may have to do this a few times. the first time i did it it worked, but went back in a few seconds. i did it again and it worked!

no need to drive to apple!

Jan 13, 2016 8:36 PM in response to kendraaaa

All,

I keep facing this problem with my iPhone 5 (which incidentally is a replacement device given by Apple for a previous hardware issue). This has perhaps happened twice / thrice to me. And am assuming the cause is probably the over use of headphones, and the phone may not switch back to speaker mode. While, ideally, one shouldn't face this with an iPhone, it does.

Childproof's solution does work. I also noticed I could reboot my phone, and that would work just fine too!

O Happy Days...

AJ

my iPhone 5 has NO SOUND!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.