Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New surprise folders appear after system restore

I recently used Time Machine to restore my system from a prior backup. I was just working on cleaning and organizing my folders and I noticed there are some folders in my home folder called -, Complete, Orange, Original, Score, and Retrieved Contents that I've never seen before. All of them except Retrieved Contents are dated to when I believe my restore finished very early yesterday morning (4:48). All of them are empty. Can anyone here explain these folders? Thanks!

AEF

Message was edited by: betaneptune - I added the fact that the surprise folders are all empty.

20, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 9:59 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2013 10:33 AM in response to betaneptune

I have some new information about this problem. I have two files named thusly:

./Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music/Wendy Carlos/Clockwork Orange - Complete Original Score

./Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Wendy Carlos/Clockwork Orange - Complete Original Score

The surprise out-of-the-blue folders are

-

Complete

Original

Score

So my Time Machine System Restore created top folders from the last four tokens of the files above. Any ideas? A bizarre file corruption in one of the Time Machine backups?

Oh, there is the Retrieved Contents folder, but that was created Apr 27, 2011. My backups from that period are presently offsite, so I cannot investigate this one further, at the moment.

AEF

New surprise folders appear after system restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.